Talino Venture Labs is a California-based global venture studio building tech startups across Asia and the United States. Our mission is to accelerate economic growth and recovery for the emerging middle class around the world.
The Technical Director's overall responsibility is to ensure streamlined and effective technology operations throughout Talino’s product lifecycle: technical product design, vendor management, product development and release, production support, and continuous product improvement. They are also responsible for managing the technology team operations, and fostering an inclusive and positive team culture.
- Define technical principles, processes, policies, and standards for product design, development, and support. Work with technology teams to ensure processes, policies, and standards are enforced. Talino technology teams are composed of, but not limited to: Quality Assurance, Software Engineering, Architecture, and Product and Project Management.
- Work with the Chief Technology Officer (CEO), (Chief Technology Officer) CTO and Chief Architect to define technology team KPIs, and create a strategic roadmap to meet those KPIs. Work with technology teams to define initiatives to achieve KPIs. Monitor to ensure KPIs are met.
- Work with CTO, Chief Architect, and technology team leads to define technology team metrics, and define policies, processes, and tools to monitor and achieve defined metrics. Work with technology teams to ensure metrics are achieved.
- Work with CTO, Chief Architect, and/or Software Architect (SA) Evangelist to define learning requirements. Review learning plan and materials developed by SA Evangelist to ensure it meets learning requirements.
- Drive innovation by regularly reviewing technologies and tools used by Talino and its startups. Work with the CTO, and Chief Architect to determine technologies and tools to be adapted by Talino and its startups. Foster an environment that will encourage innovation.
- Collaborate with the Design team, Operations team, Business teams, and Startup leads, to determine their product, and technology requirements. Work with architects, and technology leads to determining the appropriate solutions, and services to address the requirements of the startups. Work with project, and product managers to ensure successful delivery.
- Work with Compliance Officer, Information Security Officer, CTO, and Chief Architect to ensure product and services of Talino and its startups are compliant with regulations and standards.
- Handle escalations, and provide timely resolutions.
- Reports on metrics and KPIs to other C-level executives, and relevant stakeholders.
- Collaborating with technology leads to defining desired inclusive and positive team culture. Foster an environment that encourages the desired team culture. Keep in touch with team members by conducting 1-on-1s, town halls, and other necessary sync sessions.
- Provide mentorship to team members to help address their work issues, provide career guidance, provide technical direction, or provide guidance on other concerns related to their work, and stay in Talino.
- Undertake other relevant duties at the request of the CTO or the CEO, as agreed by all parties.
We're always on the lookout for the brightest talents. Email your CV and cover letter for our review.