Do you have strong problem-solving skills? Are you ready to engage in process improvements for a wide variety of projects?
Then this opportunity is perfect for you!
Talino Venture Labs is currently looking for a Technical Support Engineer who can work remotely and is able to start as soon as possible.
1. Monitor and maintain software applications, databases, and virtual appliances
2. Diagnose issues reported by customers, including hardware and software faults
3. Gather information needed to document the issue for future reference and properly escalate issues to the appropriate technical resources if needed
4. Provide workaround or solution to mitigate reported issues while resolution is still ongoing implementation
5. Understand available similar issues, knowledge base, and other available technical artifacts to provide a workaround or solution, and to identify proper escalation paths
6. Escalate issues to appropriate team if the issue pertains to no workaround or no immediate solution is available
7. Test software updates, apply them to target systems, and inform customers of the updated release
8. Work actively on alerts and notifications as generated by the system to ensure potential faults are addressed before they become issues
9. Serve as the primary point of contact for customer issues
10. Regularly update issues, within the agreed SLA, with details and status update
11. Regularly communicate updates on issues with the stakeholders
12. Document issues, root cause analysis, and solutions to form part of the knowledge base
13. Engage in process improvement to strengthen the support process
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Preferably 1 to 4 years experienced employees specializing in network, system, database administration, and equivalent
- Strong Linux administration skills
- Ability to summarize technical information relative to the issue at hand
- Ability to configure and interpret the output of logging and monitoring tools
- Ability to conduct software testing and maintenance
- Ability to conduct software performance, infrastructure, and network monitoring
- Ability to comprehend network, infrastructure, and software logs and translate it to usable information for the rest of the technical team
- Familiarity with interpreting software application logs to aid in troubleshooting issues
Familiarity with the following technologies is a plus:
- Backend languages and frameworks: Golang
- Event logging and monitoring tools: Sentry, Papertrail, Grafana, Loki, and Prometheus
If you or someone you know is interested, send us your complete CV and why you fit the role, at firstname.lastname@example.org on or before May 30, 2021.
We are looking forward to your application!